South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Wedding Bells Chime at IMPI Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The IMPI Challenge at Hartebeespoort (North West Province) held earlier this year will be a memorable experience for Elmarie Welthagen (Krugersdorp) for two reasons: firstly it was her IMPI Challenge debut and secondly her boyfriend chose the finish line of this exciting event as the ideal spot to propose marriage.

“I was very nervous on the day as it was my first IMPI Challenge,” said Elmarie. “Although it was a lot of fun and is definitely something that I would do again, it was the last place on earth that I thought Bertus would propose. When we crossed the finish line he handed me a champagne bottle with a letter on it. I said I’d read the letter once we’d gone for our team photograph, but he insisted that I read it immediately. The next minute he’s on his knees ring in hand. We’ve set the date for 19 September next year”.

According to Bertus Nolte, he’d been planning the proposal for at least a month. “The best thing about the IMPI Challenge is that I could do it with the love of my life. The obstacles were tough but great fun. I thought that if Elmarie and I could make it through the IMPI Challenge together, we could do anything together. My biggest concern on the day was that I’d drop the ring in the mud and not find it again. Elmarie and I have decided that this will be our thing and that we’ll do it together every year”.

NEXT UP: IMPI Challenge Gauteng #2

Date: Saturday, 27 September 2014 and Sunday, 28 September 2014

Venue: Van Gaalens Cheese Farm (Hartebeespoort / North West Province)

Categories: IMPI Challenge, IMPI Dash, IMPI Elite and IMPI Mini

EVENT INFORMATION:

Combining trail running with an adventure style obstacle course, there are four structures to choose from when entering the IMPI Challenge:

· Traditional IMPI Challenge: Conquer 18 obstacles over 10 – 12km

· IMPI Dash – Compacted Challenge: Families have the chance to compete together. The course will be 5 - 7km with 12 obstacles (ages 10 – 15 years, all adults welcome).

· IMPI Elite: The course will be 15 – 20km with 25 tough obstacles.

· IMPI Mini: This mini course will be around 1km and feature smaller versions of some of our favourite obstacles (ages 6 – 10 years, all adults welcome).

The race categories cater for a variety of athletes, from elite sportspersons, competent and beginner runners and families looking for a fun experience. Participants can enter individually or as part of a team (teams vary in size from 2 – 10 people, although team members start together, they do not need to finish together).

Best Dressed: One of the many highlights of the IMPI Challenge, IMPIs are encouraged to let creativity reign. The best dressed individual and/or team stand the chance to win awesome prizes compliments of our sponsors.