South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Mandrake move
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone heard of Mandrake move. Someone gave me a copy and said its a good way of trying linux as it runs off the disc and wont mess with windows settings?
Quote:Originally posted by Goldminer
Anyone heard of Mandrake move. Someone gave me a copy and said its a good way of trying linux as it runs off the disc and wont mess with windows settings?
Yes it's a fantastic way to get to know all about the Linux OS. You're right in saying that it doesn't affect your computer because it runs from the CD. Once you log off and remove the CD, after a reboot it reverts back to Window$ as though nothing happened.

At least if you get to like the OS then install it you can be sure of much safer surfing than using Window$. There aren't the same vulnerabilities that you get with Window$.

Give it a try and if you like it then go for it. I did. There are several different versions of Linux and Mandrake is just one of them.

Let us know how you get on.

HH
:thumbs: Confusedurfing: Confusedunny:

picanin

Goldminer if you read my posts on ehre you will see that I - like Hampshire Hog - am a big Linux fan. Mandrake move is an excellent way of trying Linux out as well as a method of using Linux on any machine you may be forced to use. Just remember that save any files you may create to either your windows hard drive or to floppy as the file system that Move creates is entirely in RAM and as HH says it will all dissapear and revert to windows when you remove the CD and reboot.