South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Action Rhymes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My little baby is now 20 months old and she's really cottoned on to action rhymes like my other two never did.

She loves the following ones :

Cobbler Cobbler mend my shoe;
Wind the bobbin up;
Twinkle Twinkle little Star;
Incy Wincy Spider...

, but that's all I can remember the words and actions to!

Which ones do you remember doing with your little ones?
Had to reread that as I thought you asked which ones we remembered from when we were little....
IF you remember some, I'd also be keen to hear them. Smile (just not sure about the state of your memory, it being so long ago! :cheeky: )
dudette Wrote:IF you remember some, I'd also be keen to hear them. Smile (just not sure about the state of your memory, it being so long ago! :cheeky: )

My oldest memory is of my 'dad' moving in when I was 3 years old... But alas I don't even recall what songs I heard yesterday..... :mad:
Eency weency spider climbed up the water spout,
down came the rain and washed the spider out,
out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
now eency-weency spider went up the spout again.
One, two,
Buckle my shoe;
Three, four,
Knock at the door;
Five, six.
Pick up sticks;
Seven, eight,
Lay them straight;
Nine, ten,
A big fat hen;
Eleven, twelve,
Dig and delve;
Thirteen, fourteen,
Maids a-courting;
Fifteen, sixteen,
Maids in the kitchen;
Seventeen, eighteen,
Maids in waiting;
Nineteen, twenty,
My plates empty;
What about the wheels on the bus? My kids used to love that one Big Grin
Head and shoulders, knees and toes
knees and toes......

Smile
How about one, two, three, four, five once I caught a fish alive, I use to do this with my girls and they loved it, another was we use to sing 4 and 20 blacks birds rhyme and right at the end when the black birds comes and picks off her nose, I use to pretend to pick my girls noses off, they thought this was wonderful.
Pages: 1 2