South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: AMSN instead of MSN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How many of you are using AMSN, instead of MSN?

see >> http://amsn.sourceforge.net

picanin

Yep I do ducky. I think I use version .92 and it works perfectly.
whats the difference between this one and the regular MSN??

picanin

MS Messenger is produced by those evil people in Redmond and only works on their operating systems. AMSN is an open source project which works on a number of different operating systems.
picanin Wrote:MS Messenger is produced by those evil people in Redmond and only works on their operating systems. AMSN is an open source project which works on a number of different operating systems.

Pics and is it not more secure too?
Overall Yahoo Messenger rewmain the best (on slow connections)

MSN and AMSN bombs out ... never Yahoo ...

picanin

Duckie I would imagine it probably is more secure. One of the beauties of Open Source software is the speed with which bugs and holes are fixed. Instead of waiting a year for MS to come up with a fix Open Source bugs are usually squahsed within a few hours.
lol.....ok

But what about ICQ.. this is free also... :p

picanin

Amen ICQ is free but you cant chat with other users using MSN can you? MS has been very protective of the protocols used to connect to the MS Messenger network. AMSN is one of the few programs that can be used to chat to users using MS Mess. This is especially relevant for those using non Windows software. MS has not developed a client for Linux, BSD or (I stand to be corrected) MacOS.