South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Sound Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have another PC, have installed windows 2000. I dont have any sound. Have done check with everest advisor (similar to belarc) and there is a sound card............. Creative SBPCI128 Ensoniq ES5880. I have checked all the obvious things. I tried a cd in cd-rom and got sound using the cd player. Then installed win media player, now have NO sound again.

phleez hlp. I have tried to check driver sites and installed what i think is a driver, but still no sound.
angelbabe Wrote:I have another PC, have installed windows 2000. I dont have any sound. Have done check with everest advisor (similar to belarc) and there is a sound card............. Creative SBPCI128 Ensoniq ES5880. I have checked all the obvious things. I tried a cd in cd-rom and got sound using the cd player. Then installed win media player, now have NO sound again.

phleez hlp. I have tried to check driver sites and installed what i think is a driver, but still no sound.

IT is FIXED
angelbabe Wrote:IT is FIXED

Thank goodness as I had nothing to suggest....

How did you fix it ?
Jangar Wrote:Thank goodness as I had nothing to suggest....

How did you fix it ?

I got name of sound card, went to drivers.com and did a search, took me a few tries, but eventually found correct driver. :cheer: :cheer:

picanin

AB is the PC working properly now? What was the cause of the beeping noise and dead monitor?
Pic, i got it to boot up by resetting. It was flook i think. Been trying to keep it on, but had a prob with the graphics so had to reboot, I struggled to get it running again ........ did same as before, just hit reset. Sound has gone again and also the D drive, When i try play a cd, it says access denied. HO HUM !!!

picanin

angelbabe Wrote:Pic, i got it to boot up by resetting. It was flook i think. Been trying to keep it on, but had a prob with the graphics so had to reboot, I struggled to get it running again ........ did same as before, just hit reset. Sound has gone again and also the D drive, When i try play a cd, it says access denied. HO HUM !!!

Sounds to me as tho the motherboard may either be faulty or there may be something wrong with the BIOS. If it keeps messing around take it to someone who can test the board and see if it needs replacing.
picanin Wrote:Sounds to me as tho the motherboard may either be faulty or there may be something wrong with the BIOS. If it keeps messing around take it to someone who can test the board and see if it needs replacing.

Sound was something stupid i did, so that is ok now. I have been doing searches about the problem and the bios was mentioned, I am taking it in to be checked out on wed. All pc repair places around here are closed.