South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Morality for Beautiful Girls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Morality for Beautiful Girls Author Alexander McCall Smith

I was given this book for christmas and its brillant. Very light hearted. First time I had heard of this author who was born in Zimbabwe.

He's written a series of books all based around an Ladies Detective Agency in Botswana. I have bought three more in series today and looking forward to reading them in the next couple of weeks
What a horrid title !!! :haha:

Let us know what the other books are like please Smile
Lols, and Jangar, you really MUST read these books ... they are fantastic! :thumbs:
dudette Wrote:Lols, and Jangar, you really MUST read these books ... they are fantastic! :thumbs:

I've read the first one and really enjoyed it and thats why I went and bought the others in the series. I do wonder whether people who have not been brought up with that way of life would appreciate the books as much as people like who are aware of how life actually is in the rural parts of africa.

Dolla

I really love this series as well but am a bit stuck. I don't know which book is next :duh:
Does anybody know the order?
Dolla Wrote:I really love this series as well but am a bit stuck. I don't know which book is next :duh:
Does anybody know the order?

I have now read all 4 of the 5 books.

I think the order is as follows:

No 1 Ladies Detective Agency
Tears of the Giraffe
Morality for Beautiful Girls
The Kalahari Typing School for Men
The full Cupboard of Life

Alexander McCall Smith website

Dolla

lols Wrote:I have now read all 4 of the 5 books.

I think the order is as follows:

No 1 Ladies Detective Agency
Tears of the Giraffe
Morality for Beautiful Girls
The Kalahari Typing School for Men
The full Cupboard of Life

Alexander McCall Smith website

Great, thank you Lols. So full cupboard of life is next for me Wink