South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Brain Teasers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
penelope Wrote:Grimace
lace
face
mace

:thumbs:

Rachel wanted to buy some tiny favors for a Mardi Gras party. She tried to drive a hard bargain and succeeded. If she had paid 4¢ more per hundred, she would have gotten five less. How much did the favors cost per hundred?

(050208)
Jangar Wrote::thumbs:

Rachel wanted to buy some tiny favors for a Mardi Gras party. She tried to drive a hard bargain and succeeded. If she had paid 4¢ more per hundred, she would have gotten five less. How much did the favors cost per hundred?

(050208)

Everyone else given up too ?
yup Sad
96¢ per hundred

Ask no questions and I won't tell you no lies as I haven't a clue to what they were asking, let alone how they got to the answer...

Unscramble the letters in each “pie” segment below, then find the missing letter that completes each word. (The missing letter, indicated by the question mark, is the same for each word.)

*note*

I've replaced the copied the letters and put them i 4 rows nice and neatly for you.

R E T O E S X ?
U I E N R E M N ?
E O F I L G N N ?
P S I E T E R N ?

(050209)
I give up on these :curse:
penelope Wrote:I give up on these :curse:

And the rest of you ?
Jangar Wrote:And the rest of you ?

they've probably given up as well
Jangar Wrote:96¢ per hundred

Ask no questions and I won't tell you no lies as I haven't a clue to what they were asking, let alone how they got to the answer...

Unscramble the letters in each “pie” segment below, then find the missing letter that completes each word. (The missing letter, indicated by the question mark, is the same for each word.)

*note*

I've replaced the copied the letters and put them i 4 rows nice and neatly for you.

R E T O E S X ?
U I E N R E M N ?
E O F I L G N N ?
P S I E T E R N ?

(050209)

ANSWER: The missing letter is “D”: UNDERMINE, PRESIDENT, ENFOLDING, DEXTROSE.

TOM SWIFTY

First unscramble the letters in each word below, then unscramble the word order to create a Tom Swifty sentence.

YISSRETLEL DIAS MOT A I
TPOLEHOS LLA HTE DHA TWIH
MITE TTINGEG GHTOU EREH.

(050210)
Jangar Wrote:ANSWER: The missing letter is “D”: UNDERMINE, PRESIDENT, ENFOLDING, DEXTROSE.

TOM SWIFTY

First unscramble the letters in each word below, then unscramble the word order to create a Tom Swifty sentence.

YISSRETLEL DIAS MOT A I
TPOLEHOS LLA HTE DHA TWIH
MITE TTINGEG GHTOU EREH.

(050210)

Tirelessly said Tom a I potholes all the had with time getting though here.

"With all the potholes, though"said Tom tirelessly," I had a time getting here."
dudette Wrote:Tirelessly said Tom a I potholes all the had with time getting though here.

"With all the potholes, though"said Tom tirelessly," I had a time getting here."

Slim kind Big Grin