South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Brain Teasers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jangar Wrote:Presuming that you're correct, please explain as their and your answer makes no sense to me... Perhaps because it's Saturday and my brain is turned off or perhaps just because... :duh: Big Grin

Well, 1/4 were redheads and 1/2 were brunettes, which leaves 1/4 which are blondes.
Since we already know that this quarter =10, we can say that the total number is 4 times that Smile

Am I right?
dudette Wrote:Well, 1/4 were redheads and 1/2 were brunettes, which leaves 1/4 which are blondes.
Since we already know that this quarter =10, we can say that the total number is 4 times that Smile

Am I right?

Yes you are Smile

But where does it mention that the 10 blondes = ¼ ? :confused:
Simple math ... 1/4 + 1/2 = 3/4 ... Assuming we don't have anyone with black hair, the remainder must equal 1/4 Smile
And they tell you that there are 10 blondes.

Never mind ... it is Saturday :cheeky:
dudette Wrote:Simple math ... 1/4 + 1/2 = 3/4 ... Assuming we don't have anyone with black hair, the remainder must equal 1/4 Smile
And they tell you that there are 10 blondes.

Never mind ... it is Saturday :cheeky:

I still don't get it !!!

Let's just move quietly on :p

GIGANTIWORD

Fill in the blanks to complete the word below.

_ N _ U _ S _ A _ T _ _ T E D
Unsubstantiated Smile
dudette Wrote:Unsubstantiated Smile

:thumbs:

In one year, Jamie will be three times as old as she was 19 years ago.

How old is she now?

(050218)
Wahey! My algebra wins again :cheer:

Jamie is now 29 Smile
dudette Wrote:Wahey! My algebra wins again :cheer:

Jamie is now 29 Smile

Well done Big Grin

My studio is full of paintings. One-fourth are portraits, one-fifth are animal paintings, one-tenth are landscapes and 45 are abstract.

How many paintings in all?
:mmm:

100? Big Grin
Something strange is going on...I also answered this with 100 but can't find the posting...posted it somewhere else maybe :mmm: