South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Brain Teasers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jangar Wrote::thumbs:

A well-known adage has been put into very fancy language below. Can you put it back into everyday English?

It is hazardous to be at school or in class for too short a time.

ANSWER: A little learning is a dangerous thing. (Often misquoted as “A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.”)

See you all when I get back from the U.K. Smile

(050224)
Here's the next one Big Grin

What three words, formed from different arrangements of the same seven letters, can be used to complete the sentences below?

The young actress _________ to great heights but was filled with _________ when the critics panned her performance. Eventually, they _________ her second role.

(050225)
I don't know.
:dazed:
Waiting for the answer.
If I knew the actress's name, perhaps I could work it out... :cheeky:
dudette Wrote:If I knew the actress's name, perhaps I could work it out... :cheeky:

It could be any actress.... LOL

I think I have worked out words 1 and 3 but for the life of me cannot rearrange the letters to come up with a proper word for #2 :mad:
I gottit! Big Grin

aspired
despair
praised

Phew!
:haha:
dudette Wrote:I gottit! Big Grin

aspired
despair
praised

Phew!

slim kind :read:
dudette Wrote:I gottit! Big Grin

aspired
despair
praised

Phew!

:duh: :curse: :dazed: :bashpc:

I should've gotten number two too....

Fill in the following word square using three SÂ’s, two OÂ’s, four LÂ’s, three EÂ’s, two AÂ’s, one V and one P (for a total of 16 letters) so that each word can be read across and down.

S O L E
O _ _ _
L _ _ _
E _ _ _

(050226)
I have

S O L E
O V A L
L A P S
E L S E

Am I right?
dudette Wrote:I have

S O L E
O V A L
L A P S
E L S E

Am I right?

100% correct :thumbs:

The office workers wanted to chip in to buy new cutlery for the luncheon party. If five chipped in, it would cost each $2 more than if seven chipped in.

How much did the cutlery cost?

(050227)