South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Brain Teasers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ade Wrote:I thought I'd answered this one, tulip :-)

Well now you have :haha:

:thumbs:

What two words, formed from different arrangements of the same eight letters, can be used to complete the sentence below?

The defense attorney _________ up the witness, who completely _________ the prosecutionÂ’s contentions.

(050403)
buttered, rebutted

Come on Jangar - give us something to stretch the brain cells :-)
Can you come up with sentence which has the word "and" five times in a row, consecutively?

i.e. ............................ and and and and and ...........................
Ade Wrote:Can you come up with sentence which has the word "and" five times in a row, consecutively?

i.e. ............................ and and and and and ...........................

Yes Big Grin

Anything else you'd like to know ? :p

Oh, you want an example too... LOL

Imagine this sign on a shop "Fish_AND___Chips"

Now if you were to explain what is wrong with it you'd say "the spaces between fish and AND and AND and chips are different lengths" (I've used capital lettering to make it easier to see Smile )

***EDIT*** I see that the amount of spaces I use doesn't matter so I've substituted the relevant ones with _ Big Grin

:thumbs: on your answer BTW Smile

In a footrace, Tom beat James. John was neither first nor last. Bill beat John. John beat Joe, and Joe beat Tom.

Who won the race?

(050404)
Bill won Smile
erm... and John came 2nd...
dudette Wrote:Bill won Smile

:thumbs:

ANSWER: Bill (Bill, John, Joe, Tom, James)

WORD LADDER

Make your way from RISE to FALL in only four steps, changing one letter at a time to make a good English word at each step.

R I S E
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
FALL

(050405)
Rise
Rile
Rill
Fill
Fall
Smile
dudette Wrote:Rise
Rile
Rill
Fill
Fall
Smile

Why hasn't anyone ever called the Danish "Ã¥" a rill ??? :confused: that is as close as one can get to an "Ã¥" though an "Ã¥" can become a river without changing name....

Sowwy that was besides the point.. :p

I had RISE, RILE, FILE, FILL, FALL....

ANSWER: RISE, RILE, RILL, FILL, FALL (There may be other ways.)

ALPHABET SOUP

How many common English words can you make from the letters below, using all five letters once in each word?

E I N R S

(050406)
Jangar Wrote:How many common English words can you make from the letters below, using all five letters once in each word?

E I N R S
[/B]

(050406)

5 times