South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Brain Teasers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jangar Wrote:LOL

Excuse / reason accepted Big Grin
Thank you kindly dear sir, I am so tired of thinking when I get home at night....

People complain of stress in the UK, the only profession that is not allowed any stress leave (ha ha ha) is mine, yet we are not allowed to make any mistakes.
People still think that all we do is stick labels on boxes, yet we are responsible for correct dosages, correct medication for the disease, drug-drug interactions, interventions ,etc
Yet, if I dare to give dispersable aspirin instead of enteric coated, it is deemed a criminal offence, so one has to be so very vigilant and careful....

I miss using my brain.

:help:

I know some important people on the site may think I have no brain.....

:yikes:
Jangar Wrote:Seems as if no-one is going to get the less common SERIN...

There are several ways to use all the digits from 1 to 9 in equations equaling 468. (Reversal of top and bottom is not allowed.) How many ways can you find?

Example: 173 + 295 = 468

(050408)

I have found 193 +275 = 468

293+175=468

195+273=468

Are there more?
dudette Wrote:I have found 193 +275 = 468

293+175=468

195+273=468

Are there more?

:thumbs:

ANSWER: 175 + 293 = 468; 193 + 275 = 468; 195 + 273 = 468 (There may be other ways.)

TOM SWIFTY

First unscramble the letters in each word below, then unscramble the word order to create a Tom Swifty sentence.

YLQUERVNIGI DAIS MTO
I HTSEO FIRUT-FDEVORLA
SSSDERTE THAE LGTEANI.
Jangar Wrote::thumbs:

ANSWER: 175 + 293 = 468; 193 + 275 = 468; 195 + 273 = 468 (There may be other ways.)

TOM SWIFTY

First unscramble the letters in each word below, then unscramble the word order to create a Tom Swifty sentence.

YLQUERVNIGI DAIS MTO
I HTSEO FIRUT-FDEVORLA
SSSDERTE THAE LGTEANI.

Quiveringly said tom I those fruit-flavored desserts hate gelatin

"I hate those fruit-flavored gelatin desserts" said Tom quiveringly. Smile
dudette Wrote:Quiveringly said tom I those fruit-flavored desserts hate gelatin

"I hate those fruit-flavored gelatin desserts" said Tom quiveringly. Smile

The name of a city is hidden in the sentence below. Can you find it? (The letters are in consecutive order.)

The golf pro told us that par is easy on this course.

(050411)
The golf pro told us that par is easy on this course.
Ade Wrote:The golf pro told us that par is easy on this course.

That was so easy even I found it :haha:

Rachel decided to give away her character doll collection. She gave 10% to her friend Jamie, 10% to Kelin, 10% to Beverly and 20% to the local childrenÂ’s shelter. She decided to keep 10 dolls for herself, which meant she had 40 dolls left to sell.

How many dolls did she start with?

(050412)
Was it 100 dolls?
dudette Wrote:Was it 100 dolls?

ANSWER: 100 (10% + 10% + 10% + 20% = 50%); 50% - 10% = 40%)

Choose the correct letter from each clue in the rhyme below. When put in order, the four letters will spell the answer to the riddle.

My first is in pet but not in be.
My second in off but not in free.
My third in end youÂ’ll always find.
My last in me but not in wind.
My whole a word that tells a tale;
The story told shall not grow stale.

_ _ _ _
poem ----