South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Brain Teasers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
330kitten Wrote:£200????? Blush

:thumbs:

ANSWER: $200 ($200 ÷ 2 + $20 = $120, leaving $80; $80 ÷ 2 + $10 = $50, leaving $30; $30 ÷ 2 + $5 = $20, leaving $10; $10 ÷ 2 + $3 = $8, leaving $2)

METAMORPHOSIS

Find the word that means “story,” then change the first letter to find a word meaning “healthy.”

Find the word that means “correct,” then change the first letter to find a word meaning “power.”

(050526)
Jangar Wrote:METAMORPHOSIS

Find the word that means “story,” then change the first letter to find a word meaning “healthy.”

Find the word that means “correct,” then change the first letter to find a word meaning “power.”

(050526)

TALE and HALE?

RIGHT and MIGHT?
rlsuth Wrote:TALE and HALE?

RIGHT and MIGHT?

Spot on :thumbs:

To the best of our knowledge, only one word can be made from all of the letters below, using each letter only once. Can you figure out what it is?

C C H I I N N O R S T Y Y

(050527)
Synchronicity Big Grin
I know it's "cheating", but here is a very handy website for these kind of problems.

http://www.design215.com/toolbox/wordfind.php
dudette Wrote:Synchronicity Big Grin

ODD MAN OUT

Which of the items below is least like the others? (The difference has nothing to do with vowels, consonants or syllables.)

JERKIN GAUNTLET
MITTENS HORSESHOE

(050528)
Jangar Wrote:
ODD MAN OUT
Which of the items below is least like the others? (The difference has nothing to do with vowels, consonants or syllables.)
JERKIN GAUNTLET
MITTENS HORSESHOE

ok, now I might well be wrong about this, but I believe that a jerkin/gauntlet and mittens, are articles of clothing, while I don't believe any human would wear horseshoes, so I'm going to say that HORSESHOE is the odd one out.
I agree with rlsuth ... a jerkhin and gauntlet and mittens are worn on the upper part of the body, whereas hoseeshoes cannot
dudette Wrote:I agree with rlsuth ... a jerkhin and gauntlet and mittens are worn on the upper part of the body, whereas hoseeshoes cannot

Well....... they could be attached to the upper body but I don't think the person would be very comfortable.

The state of Elsewhere added several taxes to everything. A $20 theater ticket included a 15% amusement tax, a 5% city tax and a 5% state tax. If there were no taxes, how much would the ticket cost?