South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Brain Teasers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jangar Wrote:That is my guess too...

Answer will be given sometime later today, I hope...

But it could also be Sicily as that is the only one not in alphabetical order... :mmm:

Oops :duh: Scratch that last comment...
The name of a North American city is hidden in the sentence below. Can you find it? (The letters are in consecutive order.)

At the lovely Hotel Fairmont, real afternoon tea is served.

Jangar Wrote:Where do you see that ?

AT the Lovely Hotel FAirmont, real afterNoon TeA is served.

It was said it's hidden in the WHOLE sentence, it IS in consecutive order and it IS a North American City ????
Almitra Wrote:The name of a North American city is hidden in the sentence below. Can you find it? (The letters are in consecutive order.)

At the lovely Hotel Fairmont, real afternoon tea is served.

AT the Lovely Hotel FAirmont, real afterNoon TeA is served.

It was said it's hidden in the WHOLE sentence, it IS in consecutive order and it IS a North American City ????

Consecutive order means that the letters must follow directly one after each other, ie. At the lovely Hotel Fairmont, real afternoon tea is served. Canada is in North America. Smile
Jangar Wrote:That is my guess too...

Answer will be given sometime later today, I hope...

Do you have the answer yet? I'm waiting in anticipation! :p
aargh edit edit edit :duh:
Venus Wrote:Florida - the others are all islands

:thumbs:

ANSWER: FLORIDA (The others are islands.)

TWO FOR ONE

The following puzzle consists of one word that can be split into two words.

One word: containing wall apertures

Two words: 1) strong breeze 2) due, as a debt
Windowed
dudette Wrote:Windowed

:thumbs:

Start with the century in which Columbus discovered America, add the century in which the Civil War was fought, then subtract the century in which the French Revolution occurred.

What number do you get?
Jangar Wrote::thumbs:

Start with the century in which Columbus discovered America, add the century in which the Civil War was fought, then subtract the century in which the French Revolution occurred.

What number do you get?

Do let me know when you give up :haha:
Jangar Wrote::thumbs:

What number do you get?

15th century + 19th century - 18th century = 16 Smile