South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Brain Teasers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
dudette Wrote:15th century + 19th century - 18th century = 16 Smile

Sweet 16 :thumbs:

METAMORPHOSIS

Find the word for a kind of marker, then change one letter to find a word that means “old and not fresh.”

Find the word for an amount of money, then change the first letter to find the word for a neck ornament.
Jangar Wrote:Sweet 16 :thumbs:

METAMORPHOSIS

Find the word for a kind of marker, then change one letter to find a word that means “old and not fresh.”

Find the word for an amount of money, then change the first letter to find the word for a neck ornament.

I think the first one is stake and stale. Anyone get the second one yet ?
Jangar Wrote:I think the first one is stake and stale. Anyone get the second one yet ?

Surely you have to find the first words in the word METAMORPHOSIS?
dudette Wrote:Surely you have to find the first words in the word METAMORPHOSIS?

I don't think so, I think it's the title of this type of puzzle...
Jangar Wrote:I think the first one is stake and stale. Anyone get the second one yet ?

Woo Hoo - I was right :cheer:

The second answer is dollar and collar :duh: Rolleyes

What two words, formed from different arrangements of the same eight letters, can be used to complete the sentence below?

The young mother _________ that her children clean up their own rooms as she was determined to teach them _________.
Jangar, I don't know ... please give us a clue? Perhaps if the 8 letters were put in alphabetical order? Wink
dudette Wrote:Jangar, I don't know ... please give us a clue? Perhaps if the 8 letters were put in alphabetical order? Wink

That means I'll have to look at the answer though :p

But, your wish is my command :haha:

d e i i n s s t

Have to get this thread running again :

(0119) The number is just so that I can find the page again.
Insisted was one of the words that I came up with, but I couldn't think of a suitable anagram! Blush
dudette Wrote:Insisted was one of the words that I came up with, but I couldn't think of a suitable anagram! Blush

:thumbs:

Keep thinking and it will come to you Smile
Think it could be "tidiness".