South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Reading at bedtime for kids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Icecub

So what stories do you read to your kids for bedtime??? :babyroll:

Last year it was horrid henry..... :crylol: :crylol: this yr i have not thought of it yet...he will probably bring something nasty for me to read to him...but normally he now reads his beano comics... :rofl:
The kids do not get many stories read to them, as they prefer to do it themselves. I am impressed with their current choice of books. One is reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and the other is reading Watership Down..... Not bad reading for 8 year olds!! :p

When they do want to be read to, we will normally read one of the Series of Unfortunate Events books.....
What happened to reading the classical fairy tales?
My son is 2 1/2 & loves being read to. We have a bedtime story most nights. His current favourites are Goldilocks & The Three Bears; Mr Brown Can Moo, Can You (Dr Seuss) & a series of Winnie The Pooh books. I know all these books by heart now! :wall: He does too & corrects me if I use the wrong voice for a character! :crylol:

Icecub

sooibrand Wrote:What happened to reading the classical fairy tales?

Sooi... i used to when he was smaller, also the modern book of bible stories - which we started from the beginning...he loved that.... :read: :read:

He has two bookcases in his bedroom stuffed with books as i encourage him to read as much as possible...always have told him that you learn as you read and therefore your knowledge is expanded through that...:thumbs:

Icecub

Venus Wrote:My son is 2 1/2 & loves being read to. We have a bedtime story most nights. His current favourites are Goldilocks & The Three Bears; Mr Brown Can Moo, Can You (Dr Seuss) & a series of Winnie The Pooh books. I know all these books by heart now! :wall: He does too & corrects me if I use the wrong voice for a character! :crylol:

so Mom, best you not get the wrong voices again... :crylol: :crylol:

do u dance around the room too....i used to and mischief used to be in hysterics watching me make the actions and make a total nutter of myself...but he loves it... :rofl:
Icecub Wrote:so Mom, best you not get the wrong voices again... :crylol:

do u dance around the room too....i used to and mischief used to be in hysterics watching me make the actions and make a total nutter of myself...but he loves it... :rofl:

You wouldn't believe how entertaining I can be to a toddler! Rolleyes His soft toys each have their own voice & often act out the stories in his books. I'm a pro at Boogie-Beebies. We can both salsa using rattles as shakers & I can roar like a tiger! Big Grin These are just the skills I'm willing to reveal in public! Blush :crylol:
sooibrand Wrote:What happened to reading the classical fairy tales?

That's what we started with, and my kids still have all the books......But they are 8 now and they read more advanced stuff.