South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Port Elizabeth!!!!! Hoezit!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I lived in Belmont Terrace, Central

Which part of PE are you from?

Wink
Lived in Westering for 4 years - matriculated from Westering High.
Quote:Originally posted by Androniki
I lived in Belmont Terrace, Central

Which part of PE are you from?

Wink

Years ago I lived in Castle Court, Castle Hill - just down the road from Belmont Terance.

Then lived in Hugh Road, Walmer,
then Rowallan Park
then Cape Road and various other places.

Went to Albert Jackson primary school - then Vistoria Park High School.. Did my hairdressing apprenticeship at Cyrils - who was in the Mutual Arcade. But I am going back YEARS and YEARS now !!! Maybe before most of you ere born !! LOL Sad

sue w

Grew up in Kabega Park
Quote:Originally posted by Heather.T
Years ago I lived in Castle Court, Castle Hill - just down the road from Belmont Terance.

Then lived in Hugh Road, Walmer,
then Rowallan Park
then Cape Road and various other places.

Went to Albert Jackson primary school - then Vistoria Park High School.. Did my hairdressing apprenticeship at Cyrils - who was in the Mutual Arcade. But I am going back YEARS and YEARS now !!! Maybe before most of you ere born !! LOL Sad

Smile

Moved to PE in 1980 (I was 5 years old then) and went to Holy Rosary pre-primary (Now Trinity High School), St Augustines Primary and later, Lawson Brown High. My parents owned the Spartan Cafe opposite the Grand hotel(I beleive it's burnt down now.)

When did you leave PE?

Wink

Avo

I have never actually lived in PE, but know the place quite well. Lived in Grahamstown for 17 years, and often took a drive to PE, for various reasons. In fact my best memories of the Windy City is the 5 successive Christmas hols a friend and I spent camping in little tents at Sea Acres. So sad the place doesn't exist any more :bigcry: We spent many a happy summer evening at Barneys!!
I was in PE from years 1885 - 1995.... Grew up in Miramar and went to Clarendon Primary School and then VP

My fiancee Kevin was in PE from 1980 something .. he lived in Newton Park (Mount Croix) and went to Alex High.

I miss PE and am going down there for Easter.. me thinks
Quote:Originally posted by macksy
I was in PE from years 1885 - 1995....

What was it like just after the settlers arrived?
Quote:Originally posted by Androniki
Smile

Moved to PE in 1980 (I was 5 years old then) and went to Holy Rosary pre-primary (Now Trinity High School), St Augustines Primary and later, Lawson Brown High. My parents owned the Spartan Cafe opposite the Grand hotel(I beleive it's burnt down now.)

When did you leave PE?

Wink

Was this the same cafe as Belmont cafe? On the corner of whites road?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I remember now, it was in the side road. (yes, across from the grand hotel...) When was this Androniki??? I lived in Castle Court - Castle hill.. but many many years ago...
Quote:Originally posted by Heather.T
Was this the same cafe as Belmont cafe? On the corner of whites road?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I remember now, it was in the side road. (yes, across from the grand hotel...) When was this Androniki??? I lived in Castle Court - Castle hill.. but many many years ago...

The shop was called Spartan Cafe. It was part of the Block of flats called Belmont House. (in case I might have caused some confusion, the Grand Hotel is burnt down)

My parents bought the business in 1980 when we moved there.
Pages: 1 2