South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Cyprus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Eish.... This is going to be a lonely thread
SadSmile

Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Androniki
SadSmile

Wink

No I'm sure you'll be OK ......... I'll keep you company until others arrive.

Keep smiling.

HH
Smile
SadSmile

Wink

Why, where is that nice Greek boy you met?????
SadSmile

Wink

Hi Androniki

Still noboby wanna talk to you. Are you the only SAffa on Cyprus.

Chin up and keep smiling. We're here for you anyway.

Regards

HH
Cool
Quote:Originally posted by Hampshire Hog
Hi Androniki

Still noboby wanna talk to you. Are you the only SAffa on Cyprus.

Chin up and keep smiling. We're here for you anyway.

Regards

HH
Cool

Smile Hi HH

Well, no I'm not the only Saffer in Cyprus, but it seems the only one on this site hehe.

Where are you from?

Wink Androniki
Quote:Originally posted by spam
Why, where is that nice Greek boy you met?????

Oooohhhh.... :mad: You saying that on purpose....

Big Grin
My fiance is Egyptian honey... No two timing gleeks for me thank you. Yuck.... (Don't know where they've been :eek: )

Wink
Smile Hi HH

Well, no I'm not the only Saffer in Cyprus, but it seems the only one on this site hehe.

Where are you from?

Wink Androniki

I'm from good old Durbs. Left SA a long time a go and now live on Muddy Island in Basingstoke, Hampshire. I see you are from PE. Only been there on flying visit "literally". On a previous trip to SA we drove there from Knysna to get plane back to Durban.

Have you been there on Cyprus long? It's a popular holiday resort for the Brits.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards

HH
Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Hampshire Hog
I'm from good old Durbs. Left SA a long time a go and now live on Muddy Island in Basingstoke, Hampshire. I see you are from PE. Only been there on flying visit "literally". On a previous trip to SA we drove there from Knysna to get plane back to Durban.

Have you been there on Cyprus long? It's a popular holiday resort for the Brits.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards

HH
Smile

It'll be 7 years that I've been here, on 28 January. Great place for a holiday... Not a great place for a career... Especially for women hehe. But then again once the laws change, greek men are in for a biiiig surprise. Big Grin

Wink
It'll be 7 years that I've been here, on 28 January. Great place for a holiday... Not a great place for a career... Especially for women hehe. But then again once the laws change, greek men are in for a biiiig surprise. Big Grin

Wink

Never been there, can't say I have ever had any burning desire to go there. Lots' to see in the UK and then I visit friends in France. When I can afford the time and money we go to SA.

Sorry to hear about the "Career" situation. Although the laws here have been improved concerning discrimination in this country, women still find they don't get the same deal as men. I have always supported the fact that everyone should be given an equal opportunity. If you have the experience and/or best qualifications then that should be the basis of being given the job. Nothing to do with gender.

So what's this new change of law all about?

Regards

HH
Cool
Hi HH

I should have said when the laws are enforced, greek men will be in for a big surprise.

There's meant to be equality here too, but there isn't. And it's difficult for those of us, who were lucky enough to have a father who made sure we knew we could do anything we wanted, to get along with the species on the island lol... Smile

Besides that though, it's a fairly relaxed atmosphere, and not many strive to have careers. It's enough just to live. I suppose that's good too... Smile

Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5