South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Cardmaking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a friend over in Edinburgh who is big into making her own cards - she buys the stamps from a local craft shop then mixes and matches the designs to create her own unique birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc cards.

Have any of you taken up this craft and if so, how are you getting on?

Icecub

Bushbaby Wrote:I have a friend over in Edinburgh who is big into making her own cards - she buys the stamps from a local craft shop then mixes and matches the designs to create her own unique birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc cards.

I used to do card making, i just find it is very time-consuming...i have even cross-stitched some cards...fab fun....:thumbs:
Yes..... I have made hundreds and hundreds over the years... all sizes and shapes.

I am not so much into it lately though.

Just got a lovely stencil set with a book for my birthday yesterday. I am not good in drawing.... but give me paper and scissors ..... and glue of course and I will give you a card.

:daisy:

Bushbaby Wrote:I have a friend over in Edinburgh who is big into making her own cards - she buys the stamps from a local craft shop then mixes and matches the designs to create her own unique birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc cards.

I only used to make christmas cards but like Icecub said very time-consuming.
I enjoy doing it from time to time when I can find the time! Calligraphy is fun too!