South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Dvd Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok.... this is a little bit off the beaten track..... but I am hoping some of your fundies can help.

We recently moved house, and as you can imagine, things were chaos for the first few weeks....so tonight I decided on a bit of time out and wanted to watch a DVD....

I had everything connected up, just like I had it in my previous house, but for some really bizarre reason, I can only get a black and white picture.... what am I doing wrong???

Any hints and tips will help..... I Googled this question, but can't really find anything that makes any sense....

THanx!
Have you checked your scart connection? Smile
Venus,

I have checked all the connections at the back of the DVD player and the TV.... I have even unplugged the cables and plugged them into every other "socket" and then I get no picture at all....

So I am still juswt with a balck and white picture.... sound and everything else is 100%
Bean of Love Wrote:Venus,

I have checked all the connections at the back of the DVD player and the TV.... I have even unplugged the cables and plugged them into every other "socket" and then I get no picture at all....

So I am still juswt with a balck and white picture.... sound and everything else is 100%

Oh dear, Beanie. I had the same problem a few months ago & it was the scart. Sad Have you tried fine tuning your telly? Maybe just a notch or two?
I have tried that tooo....

I bet it is just something stupid! I will have to look at it again....
Shame, Beanie. It probably is something simple. :wall: I hope you find the problem soon.
Check to see if dvd player is set to PAL. If your remote has a Pal/NTSC button - try pressing this (sometimes shown as P/N)

If no joy try this ...... http://www.funai-corp.com/support/setup....dvd2tv2vcr
Thank you very much for your help... I will have a look at the machine again today some time... I'll keep you updated.

As for the remote.... we lost the original remote, so we bought one of those 4 in 1 things....

so I doubt that I can change any settings on the remote....
Beanie, is it just when you want to watch a DVD that it is B&W ?

picanin

Beanz Angel is spot on in also suggesting that you make sure the DVD is set to output PAL. Check the DVD settings and the TV settings.
Pages: 1 2