South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: First Trojan to Attack Microsoft Anti-Spyware Product Discovered
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anti-virus experts at Sophos have discovered the first piece of malware to attack Microsoft's new anti-spyware product, currently still in beta.

The Troj/BankAsh-A Trojan horse is designed to steal passwords and online banking passwords from unsuspecting Windows users. The Trojan horse also disables Microsoft AntiSpyware, currently available only as a beta download from Microsoft's website, attempting to suppress warning messages that Microsoft AntiSpyware may display and deleting all files within the program's folder.

"This appears to be the first attempt yet by any piece of malware to disable Microsoft AntiSpyware, but it may be the first of many such future attacks," said Graham Cluley, senior technology consultant for Sophos. "As Microsoft's product creeps out of beta, and is properly released and is adopted more by the home user market, we can expect to see more and more attempts by Trojan horses, viruses and worms to try and undermine its effectiveness."
source Computer World

##################

We Love Bill

picanin

All hail the Penguin! Confusedoapbox:
TheDuck Wrote:We Love Bill

Speak for yourself :haha:

So sad that I cannot use anything but Bill$ $oftware to do my online banking :bigcry:

picanin

Jangar Wrote:Speak for yourself :haha:

So sad that I cannot use anything but Bill$ $oftware to do my online banking :bigcry:

Why do you need to use MS software to bank? I use Firefox and Opera with Barclays iBank. Have you tried Opera and setting it to identify itself as IE?
picanin Wrote:Why do you need to use MS software to bank? I use Firefox and Opera with Barclays iBank. Have you tried Opera and setting it to identify itself as IE?

Yes :bigcry: and :mad: ....
picanin Wrote:Why do you need to use MS software to bank? I use Firefox and Opera with Barclays iBank. Have you tried Opera and setting it to identify itself as IE?

How do u set opera to identify itself as IE ?

Certain sites that require activeX wont work if you set it to identify itself as IE. Opera does not support ActiveX or VBscript due to the doubt surrounding the lack of security of these.