South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Sharks vs Harlequins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought last night was an excellent work out for the Sharks and they turned in a positive display. Yes there were a few areas of concern, most notably the lineouts and conceding too many penalties. However the defence was top drawer and some of the youngsters look like gems!!! :thumbs:

The loose trio of Jacques Botes, Braam Immelman and Jaco Gouws were awesome. I've always rated Gouws....he was the star at SWD and never got a chance at one of the Super 12 teams. I think he aims to payback the Sharks for their faith.

It was also great to see encouraging performances from Dean Hall, Gcobani Bobo, Trevor Halstead and Odwa Ndugane. Add to these guys Butch James, John Smit, AJ Venter, Johan Muller, Brent Russell etc and I think we're in for an exciting season.

Mention must also be made of Ruan Pienaar and Jacques Schutte, young players with a very bright future!!

I can see those Convicts quaking in their boots!! :haha:
seasider Wrote:You were watching a different game mate, must have been a re-run of the Gums v the kitties. I thought they did enough against a team that had few first team oplayers in it.

You must remember that the Sharks had few first team players playing as well. It was also only their second pre season game so inevitably lots of rustiness. In light of this, I'm very optimistic for the season.....the depth in key areas looks a lot better than previous years.