South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Name the artist....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Originally posted by seasider
Did i get it right? Sad

I think you did Smile

So I say your turn Seasider Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by spam
Excuse me.....my song...my validation!

oh, I DO aplogise for validating your song, but since you said you would NOT be around till the next day, I took it upon myself to validate it so the thread would not be held up a whole long night. :p :p

AND I hasten to add :p ...... I would not be upset if someone validated a song I put down and asked the next one if it meant the thread wont get held up. :p

Good rule jangar about the varios versions of songs. Gawd forbid ppl actually mean a tribute version :haha:

I won;t be back on till tomorrow

Laguna Sunrise!
Quote:Originally posted by angelbabe
a whole long night. :p :p :p

And that it was as there was no-one around to play with :bigcry: :p
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
And that it was as there was no-one around to play with :bigcry: :p

i was around till about 2am jan, but got tired of playing all by myself so I went and sulked. :haha:
i was around till about 2am jan, but got tired of playing all by myself so I went and sulked. :haha:

and I guess it would have helped it I refreshed the page ..... i would have noticed that there were in fact still people around to play with :o :o :o :o
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
I agree with you Spam, it was your question and therefore up to you to validate the answer as long as the thread isn't held up for too long, which I hasten to add was not the case here.

One thing though, when there someone names a song and there are cover versions of that song all should be accepted as correct unless it is specified that the answer required by a particular artist Smile

I agree, but i am using this thread as a learning curve too. It is so interesting to discover how many songs there are with the same name, or how many songs are covered by so many artists. As I pointed out the song listed may not be the original, and it should not be assumed as such. Where it is an obviously well known song it may be wise to post the artist you are NOT wanting when posting the thread.
As to delays, that is inevitable, we are now waiting for seasider to post his next question and a little patience will have to be exercized. When it stagnates for a day or more then fair enough kick start it again.
I agree, but i am using this thread as a learning curve too. It is so interesting to discover how many songs there are with the same name, or how many songs are covered by so many artists. As I pointed out the song listed may not be the original, and it should not be assumed as such. Where it is an obviously well known song it may be wise to post the artist you are NOT wanting when posting the thread.
As to delays, that is inevitable, we are now waiting for seasider to post his next question and a little patience will have to be exercized. When it stagnates for a day or more then fair enough kick start it again.

Excellent point Spam Big Grin

If one doesn't want an artist named then mention it in the question.... e.g.

Gimme Gimme Gimme, not the version by ABBA or the A-teens but the version done by a UK synth band... (please note that this is an example only.... :p )

Now you tell me :bigcry: I was so bored last night at work.... :mad:
Just wanted to be the one who posted post 1111 :p :haha: :jester:
Quote:Originally posted by seasider
is it getting better

Is that the new title ?

I know the song "Things can only get better" but this one has me stumped...