South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Looking for a Recipe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking for a recipe for a Cape Malay pastry that I had many many years ago. It was a pastry/sweet pie filled with coconut flavoured with a cinnamon syrup. Very very nice indeed.

If anyone has a recipe for this I would be very grateful for it.
Howzit BB

do you remember the name of it at all?

Did you eat this at a restaurant? If so, have you tried emailing the Chef concerned?

Perhaps someone has a copy of the Cape Malay cookbook by Cass Abrahams that would be willing to help?

Have you tried food24.co.za yet?
Cheffie Wrote:Howzit BB

do you remember the name of it at all?

Did you eat this at a restaurant? If so, have you tried emailing the Chef concerned?

Perhaps someone has a copy of the Cape Malay cookbook by Cass Abrahams that would be willing to help?

Have you tried food24.co.za yet?

Hi Cheffie,

I had this at a dinner at my former boss' house - his wife was Cape Malay. I remember asking at the time but do not recall the name of the pastry (this was eight years ago now). I have the Cape Malay Cookbook - it isn't in there.

Will check ou food24.co.za - did not know of this resource.
Bushbaby Wrote:I had this at a dinner at my former boss' house - his wife was Cape Malay.

Howzit BB

If you're able to get hold of your former boss, ask him to email you the recipe from his wife?

Would be rather interested in what it could be as the description so far is yielding a blank from my grey matter Wink