South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Maldives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Folks:

Has anyone been to the Maldives? I'm thinking about having a get-away-from-it-all break and am looking at the Maldives.

If anyone has had personal experience of going there, I'd be interested to hear your views!

Thanks

The Phoenix
Maldives is a major Honeymoon destination ! So come on TP spill the beans Smile

Sorry have not bean there, but I have heard it great if one wants quiet and relaxing. Besides snorkling and a few water activities not much else and no night life.

So from hear say, if it is quiet a relaxing you want, good choice.

Enjoy !!
Hi Hagar:

Quote:Originally posted by Hagar
Maldives is a major Honeymoon destination ! So come on TP spill the beans Smile

Sorry have not bean there, but I have heard it great if one wants quiet and relaxing. Besides snorkling and a few water activities not much else and no night life.

So from hear say, if it is quiet a relaxing you want, good choice.

Enjoy !!

LOL! Noooo, I am enjoying being a bachelor (officially now!) far too much to make a Mistake for the third time...!

Thanks for the info. I hope it's not just honeymoon couples there, if I chat to anyone at all I'll probably convince them without meaning to what an awful mistake they've made and ruin their holiday...!

I liked the cam pics btw. I must get some CCTV for here...

TP
HI TP

I haven't personally been there, but I did loads of research on Maldives as I am a scuba diver. It is one of the most awesome places to dive. One of my best friends went there for hols, and if you like doing nothing, just lying on the beach and possibly diving, that is the place to be!
Quote:Originally posted by The Phoenix
Hi Folks:

Has anyone been to the Maldives? I'm thinking about having a get-away-from-it-all break and am looking at the Maldives.

If anyone has had personal experience of going there, I'd be interested to hear your views!

Thanks

The Phoenix

Hi TP

I haven't been there but my Daughter and Son in Law spent their Honeymoon there. It's as Hagar says, not very much else to do but snorkling and other aquatic activities. They have a lot of local excursions by either seaplane or boat. There are 1000's of islands, mostly uninhabited. Some where you get taken to on organised picnics etc.

The service is excellent, at least it was where my daughter and son in law stayed. They were in one of those cabins on stilts over the crystal clear waters below.

The main hotel is the centre of all other activities. There are no shops other than the one run at the hotel. Meals etc are all taken at the hotel as well.

It's an ideal place to go to chill out and relax. But if it's a sight seeing holiday you want then I believe that this may not be the place.

I hope you have a great time, so enjoy.

Regards

HH
Cool
Hi Bean:

Quote:Originally posted by Bean of Love
HI TP

I haven't personally been there, but I did loads of research on Maldives as I am a scuba diver. It is one of the most awesome places to dive. One of my best friends went there for hols, and if you like doing nothing, just lying on the beach and possibly diving, that is the place to be!

Thanks. Yes, I think that's what I'm after this time. But it's just an idea so far. Or, rather, a dream!

TP
Hi Hampshire Hog:

Quote:Originally posted by Hampshire Hog
Hi TP

I haven't been there but my Daughter and Son in Law spent their Honeymoon there. It's as Hagar says, not very much else to do but snorkling and other aquatic activities. They have a lot of local excursions by either seaplane or boat. There are 1000's of islands, mostly uninhabited. Some where you get taken to on organised picnics etc.

The service is excellent, at least it was where my daughter and son in law stayed. They were in one of those cabins on stilts over the crystal clear waters below.

The main hotel is the centre of all other activities. There are no shops other than the one run at the hotel. Meals etc are all taken at the hotel as well.

It's an ideal place to go to chill out and relax. But if it's a sight seeing holiday you want then I believe that this may not be the place.

I hope you have a great time, so enjoy.

Regards

HH
Cool

Thanks a lot for the description. Chill out and relax sounds about it.

TP
Quote:Originally posted by The Phoenix
Hi Hampshire Hog:

Thanks a lot for the description. Chill out and relax sounds about it.

TP

You're welcome. I hope you enjoy your trip and do chill out OK.

Regards

HH
Cool