South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Anyone tried Picasa yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Was wondering whether any of you had tried Picasa yet?

http://google.picasa.com/

may be a nifty bit of software
I have just downloaded it & it really does seem good & helpful. Will make viewing the photo's much easier.

THANK YOU for this.
:thumbs:
Thanks Seasider,

are there any negatives attached to it?
TheDuck Wrote:Was wondering whether any of you had tried Picasa yet?

http://google.picasa.com/

may be a nifty bit of software
Yep, I have been using it since version 1. I have now updated it to the latest version 2. It's a breeze to use and to find and do "Quick Edits" on pictures. I also have other editing software which offers more complex facilities than Picasa but only use that for serious work.

Go for it!!

HH
:thumbs: Confusedurfing: Confusedunny:
Thanks HH

I have now put it onto the comp, the main reason to have better control over all the images on my comp.

Good stuff
TheDuck Wrote:Thanks HH

I have now put it onto the comp, the main reason to have better control over all the images on my comp.

Good stuff
I think that you will find it quite easy to use. Be aware though, that it will find ALL your pictures on your computer. So if there are any embarrassing pictures that are not for public viewing you must manually remove them from being viewed in Picasa. That doesn't mean deleting them but to remove them from the Picasa index.

Once you've done that it's plain sailing afterwards.

Have fun.

HH
thanks fortunately I am fine in that department

Well, at least I think so

:haha:
Hampshire Hog Wrote:I think that you will find it quite easy to use. Be aware though, that it will find ALL your pictures on your computer. So if there are any embarrassing pictures that are not for public viewing you must manually remove them from being viewed in Picasa. That doesn't mean deleting them but to remove them from the Picasa index.

Once you've done that it's plain sailing afterwards.

Have fun.

HH

Does that include all those horrible .GIF files I have scattered all over the place that I used to use as a background when I still had a home page ?
Jangar Wrote:Does that include all those horrible .GIF files I have scattered all over the place that I used to use as a background when I still had a home page ?
Hi Jangar

Yes it supports Gif / gif and all the standard file types but displays the pictures in jpeg format. As far as I know it will route out all your hidden gif file types for you. Why not give it a try, it won't cost you anything and it's a breeze to use. I use it to supplement my other graphics software, because it's quick and easy to use.

Good luck

HH

I have downloaded it and it is been 1 hr 35 minutes going through my pics ... blush blush ... what have we here ... :babyroll:
Pages: 1 2