South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Anti-Virus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Norton Anti-Virus will expire in a month & was just wondering whether it's worth it to re-new my subscription as I do have AVG installed as well.

I would be grateful for any advice.
Curio Wrote:My Norton Anti-Virus will expire in a month & was just wondering whether it's worth it to re-new my subscription as I do have AVG installed as well.

I would be grateful for any advice.
Hi Curio
I have AVG version 7 on my pc
Used Norton in the past, but the man that helps me whenever I have problems with my pc, has suggested AVG for free.
Thank you for the reply Joan. Much appreciated.
Curio Wrote:Thank you for the reply Joan. Much appreciated.
Hi Curio

Just to add to what Joan has said, make sure you have version 7 of AVG Antivirus. From Janusry 2005 Version 6 is no longer supported so any virus definitions will have no affect on any current "nasties" invading your PC.

I hope this helps.

Regards

HH

:thumbs: Confusedurfing: Confusedunny:
Thanks HH for your post. I have AVG 7.0.308.

Just want to make sure that all is o.k.
Hi Curio

Check this out. http://www.globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/show...php?t=7386

I was using AVG but following personal experience and reading what the duck found out about AVG i have stopped using it now.

The Avast is really brilliant in that it automatically updates from time to time. I just get a pop up message that the virus definitions have been updated
Thank you Angelbabe.
:thumbs:
Curio Wrote:Thank you Angelbabe.
:thumbs:

Pleasure me dear Big Grin

Here is what the duck has found out about AVG

http://www.globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/show...php?t=7209
Curio Wrote:Thanks HH for your post. I have AVG 7.0.308.

Just want to make sure that all is o.k.

Hmm dont know if the *boffs* will agree here ... but may not be a good idea to run both at the same time ??
had a pc crash last year, for which I suspect AVG was the culprit...

I now use Norton and have never looked back... :p