South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: New Laptop / Notebook Advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Friends of ours just arrived in the UK recently and they want to get connected......

They are looking for a basic laptop, which could possibly already be configured for wireless use, obviously with a router....

Since I am in no way an expert, especially when it comes to hardware, could you possibly give me/them advice on a few options.... There is no need for a big HD, as they are only looking for something very basic, to do the basics on... email, etc.

picanin

Bean of Love Wrote:Friends of ours just arrived in the UK recently and they want to get connected......

They are looking for a basic laptop, which could possibly already be configured for wireless use, obviously with a router....

Since I am in no way an expert, especially when it comes to hardware, could you possibly give me/them advice on a few options.... There is no need for a big HD, as they are only looking for something very basic, to do the basics on... email, etc.

Beanie if they want something pretty cheap I would suggest they look at some the online retailers where they should get a basic laptop from around £460. Try
SCAN , ARIA or NOVATECH . (Novatech have laptops starting from £460 right now.)
Thankies Pic....

I will have a look at this this evening!