South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Newcastle - Northern KZN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
when were you back last...cause that sounds pretty much like Newcastle was back in 96 when we went to visit....

Except back then The Pint and Pigout was still Lawries.

And the old Game Center complex where CNA etc was was like you described it, with King Pie etc...
I've been back pretty much once a year since I left...

It's changed a hell of a lot since '96...Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by edmonsta
I've been back pretty much once a year since I left...

It's changed a hell of a lot since '96...Big Grin

looolll

ja well some people are luck hey...:p

We might be doing a round trip next time we go...dunno when that will be though...
The old power station at Ngaganne has been closed down, (obviously) and some of it is being taken apart and shipped to Montana in the states by none other than Mr Holtak, and other parts of the power station have now been turned into a distillery by a french guy. They make Vodka, Rum, Whisky, etc etc...

Apparently SAB is planning to start a brewery somewhere in the area, and are looking at aquiring hops from one of the Colliers fom Normandien.

The government is looking at building low cost housing for 25,000 people in the area just outside newcastle on the Memel road.
(near the Grey Goose for any that know it)

Interesting times...
wow.... things are happening.

Mr. Holtak...? well well well... his wife was my teacher in std.1...go figure..

The brewery sounds like a good idea, will bring more tourists to Newcastle, esp. if they make it like the farmers brewery outside Newcastle....(cant remember where it is....) But they have a restaurant there, and you can take a tour of the brewery..

and as for Memel... it could do with a bit of livening up..lol. It was always such a deadbeat little town. So maybe the new housing project will help there too...
Not much been said about our old one-horse town lately...

Anybody got any news??? Big Grin
Pages: 1 2