South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: mielies/sweetcorn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Going to have some mielies later on with our supper & was just wondering if you can get the white mielies overseas?
Which ones do you prefer - mielies or sweetcorn?
MMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS

:haha:
When you say mielies do you mean corn on the cob??
penelope Wrote:When you say mielies do you mean corn on the cob??

Yes, you get the white ones & the yellow ones. I call the white ones mielies & the yellow ones sweetcorn.
Ok, wasn't aware that there was two different ones..learnt something today as well!! :thumbs:
Ja, I was under the impression that the corn off the cob.. was called sweetcorn :haha:
Talking about corn, found some lovely gem squash at ASDA yesterday and then looked for creamed corn so that I can do the gem/sweetcorn/cheese grilled in the oven thing...and I couldn't believe it that there was NO creamed corn on the shelves at all :dazed:

Tons of different kinds of sweetcorn, but no creamed corn, is it usually a hard to find item ?
pumba Wrote:Talking about corn, found some lovely gem squash at ASDA yesterday and then looked for creamed corn so that I can do the gem/sweetcorn/cheese grilled in the oven thing...and I couldn't believe it that there was NO creamed corn on the shelves at all :dazed:

Tons of different kinds of sweetcorn, but no creamed corn, is it usually a hard to find item ?

Curio..... Mielies.... but then, white or yellow, they still stay mielies for me Smile

Pumba... when I need sweetcorn I look at Waitrose - most of the time they have it.

:daisy:
pumba Wrote:Talking about corn, found some lovely gem squash at ASDA yesterday and then looked for creamed corn so that I can do the gem/sweetcorn/cheese grilled in the oven thing...and I couldn't believe it that there was NO creamed corn on the shelves at all :dazed:

I would also love to find creamed corn but have had no luck (except the South African shops)
Britbok Wrote:I would also love to find creamed corn but have had no luck (except the South African shops)

Green Giant do it.. I usually find it at Sainsburys.
Pages: 1 2