South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Cheap Air Tickets to SA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

Where can I get cheap return tickets to SA. When is the cheapest time of year to go.

I need to go back and sort out a few things, and the actual timing is not toooooooooooooo critical
Term time is probably the best time to travel, and you can always check out last minute places, where you can get a really good deal. Otherwise, contact some of the South African travel agents, as it can work out cheaper than buying your ticket here...
Hi T, I got a last min ticket through LTU (Germany though) in Oct last year for 350 pounds (equivlent). These are normally inbetween seasons and during school terms. Down side is that last min only become available 2 to 3 weeks before departure. So would only work if are able to arrange leave at such short notice.

So I suggest you do search for last minute tickets in the UK out of season times, and do a search for Air Namibia, they also have really good specials from to to time. Actually between now and last day in Feb is good. Otherwise next cheap time is Oct/Nov again.

I think in the Travel forum there is a thread about a new carrier with cheap flights called National Air.

Hope that hepls.
Hagar
The best fare I could find when looking was a special through KLM (£320 exc. taxes). You will have to refer to the web page for details of when this is valid - http://www.klm.com/uk_en/index.jsp

Hope this helps !
periods of travel quoted are:
10 January 2004 to 1 May 2004
And
17 April 2004 to 30 July 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Andrew
The best fare I could find when looking was a special through KLM (£320 exc. taxes). You will have to refer to the web page for details of when this is valid - http://www.klm.com/uk_en/index.jsp

Hope this helps !
I am quite annoyed now.....we booked months ago and paid quite a lot more...KLM's quite was much higher than Air France so we booked on Air France.... From now on I will wait until a month or less before I book seats back to SA!
Thanks Andrew!

Hope this helps !

Wow, this is cheap. Seems as if they have regular good deals. I paid more for mine, but still for a good price. They are definately worth trying.
You are very welcome Joan !

I'm trying to get a direct flight and the best I can find is £591 with Virgin, any advances on that ??
You are very welcome Joan !

I'm trying to get a direct flight and the best I can find is £591 with Virgin, any advances on that ??
Andrew, Schipol has such a great airport, why bother with a direct flight?
We have made use of the services of KLM and have been impressed with their service, handling of our luggage , etc.
Have a great cup of dutch coffee, or a beer (lol) and browse through all the shops at the airport, it is a huge one!
Do you have a long stopover?
Joan
Quote:Originally posted by Joan
Andrew, Schipol has such a great airport, why bother with a direct flight?
We have made use of the services of KLM and have been impressed with their service, handling of our luggage , etc.
Have a great cup of dutch coffee, or a beer (lol) and browse through all the shops at the airport, it is a huge one!
Do you have a long stopover?
Joan

I usually prefers a direct light too, but seeing that I lived in Amsterdam, I thought that a stop over there won't be that bad... hopefully I will have a chance to buy cheese and stroopwafels! Smile
Pages: 1 2