South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Homemade computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just building a computer up for the kids with parts I have bought and scrounded and have got it up and running but I cannot change the colours up from 16 and the screen resolution is stuck at a measley 600 by 400 and wont go higher. Is this because of poorly integrated graphics and will i need to get a graphics card or am i missing something obvious? I have been in to control panel-display-settings and there is only 1 setting available.
:dazed: Panic over-all sorted!!
My computer is also a homemade one! I'm glad you got it sorted out. What was the problem? It sure is a learning experience, isn't it?! :haha:
Venus Wrote:My computer is also a homemade one! I'm glad you got it sorted out. What was the problem? It sure is a learning experience, isn't it?! :haha:

It is a learning experience. When I loaded a whole lot of drivers I didn't restart after loading each one, just restarted once at the end and the monitor and sound card drivers failed to load!