South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Isdn/asdl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
penelope Wrote:You see what's happened to me :haha:

Perhaps I should just stay with the dial up then.
:haha:
Curio Wrote:Perhaps I should just stay with the dial up then.
:haha:

I'm sorry that I didn't do so... :p
Don't think I want ADSL anymore.

Think I will stick to "dial up".
Curio Wrote:Don't think I want ADSL anymore.

Think I will stick to "dial up".

Bad choice if you ask me... Sad
Well, I am in the process of trying to change, and if I had known it was so much hassle to change a pc and get broadband I would never have attempted it.

I've gone from Windows 98 to XP and gone from dial up to bband and it's been problem after problem. I have called so many help lines it's unreal. And then by mistake I go and delete the blasted AOL from my pc and now the IE and OE work when and if they choose! I'm hoping the broadband fixes this!

So I get sent an email saying my line is activated or whatever but still the little green line is flashing! When does that stop!
Good luck with the change Cali.

Telkom have announced that they are slashing prices so it might be worth my while to change too.
Still expensive vs Europe and US but very cheap than the rest of Africa now :luck: Well done Telkom ok:

Quote:Johannesburg - South Africa's fixed-line monopoly Telkom (TKG) will, with effect from August 1, cut ADSL and data prices - with the entry-level internet access product down to R270 a month, the dual-listed telecommunications giant announced on Thursday.

In addition, tariffs for International Private Leased Circuits via submarine cable and satellite will be reduced by 28%.

The company, with less than 70 000 broadband subscribers, said the price reductions form part of its plan to manage speedy internet services costs down to ensure that access barriers are lowered.

This will also help Telkom compete aggressively on the global traffic front, it added.

Communications Minister Ivy Matsepe-Casaburri last month noted that the pace of uptake of broadband had been relatively slow in the county. She cited potential investment as one of the upsides yielded by the technology.

Since launching the service in 2002, ADSL's subscriber penetration level still remains below the 1% mark in a country where tele-density is estimated at 10% or more than 4.5 million landlines while the number of lines is set to continue decelerating and hence threatening ADSL user base growth.

Earlier this year, Telkom launched the HomeDSL 192 entry-level solution for residential customers at R329 while reducing tariffs of its other offerings.

The HomeDSL 192 tariff are expected to fall 18% to R270 a month - flat rate.

HomeDSL 384, middle-level solution for residential customers, is set to be reduced to a flat rate of R359 a month from R449.

The super-fast products HomeDSL 512 and BusinessDSL 512 will fall from R600 a month and R700 a month respectively to R477 a month.

"Reducing the cost of all our ADSL products will pave the way for our existing customers to migrate to more speedy internet access options.

"Equally, this will encourage those who have not yet entered the high-speed internet space to take advantage of our low-access, yet high-speed HomeDSL 192 broadband solution," Telkom chief sales and marketing officer Nombulelo Moholi said.

The company's ADSL Self-Install trials are nearing completion and are expected to assist customers set up their broadband connections fast.

Meanwhile, Telkom is awaiting the regulator's ruling on its broadband offering following public hearings in which telecommunications players derided the company's tariffs as hefty and uncompetitive.

They also called for lower tariffs in line with global trends and called for an improvement in Telkom's quality of service.

The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa, currently busy designing the new ADSL tariff guidelines, is hopeful that a new framework will be in place in the near future.
Have changed to ADSL.
Hope I made the right choice.
Curio Wrote:Have changed to ADSL.
Hope I made the right choice.

I'm sure you have Smile

:thumbs:
Yes, I think I made the right choice.
Earlier on I was chatting with family from overseas.
It's great!
Pages: 1 2 3