South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Restaurant recommendations - The Waterside Inn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If any of you are planning on splashing out on a little food and wine in one of the most romantic restaurants in the world... do yourselves a favour and book a table at this very fine establishment! :thumbs:

The fluffy bunny and myself ate there a few weeks back and wow! It is worthy of the three Michelin stars - the food, the ambience, the service, the wine... absolutely everything.

As they have rooms too, it's going to be the next splash out thing for summer time. A trip on the boat along the Thames, a leisurely meal and great wine and then retiring to bed in one of the luxurious rooms to awaken to breakfast. Hmmm... bring on the summer - I can't wait to go back and experience it again with my young lady :thumbs:

Granted, it's quite expensive, but the value for money, the whole experience is something you have got to experience if only just once in your lifetime.

and then again... it's owned by one of the Masters and fathers of cuisine as we know it in Britain today - Chef Michel Roux and his son, Alain.

If any of you have been to any decent restaurants, lets hear about it
:chef: