South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: GRRRRR Shut down problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HELP! Please... anyone...

I renewed my subscription to Norton AV 2004. I did a Live Update and a system scan and all was clear. My laptop is still working fine, except when I go START, SHUTDOWN. Then my pc hangs... nothing happens. So what I am able to do is shut it down through the Task Manager.

This is so kokaaid! It is driving me insane! I just cannot find a solution on Google at all. There is loads written on APM, but I do not have this NT APM in my Device Manager so I cannot do any settings....

Is it possible that my pc could've gotten sick for the 24hrs that it was without AV? :help: :help: :dazed:
Bean of Love Wrote:HELP! Please... anyone...

I renewed my subscription to Norton AV 2004. I did a Live Update and a system scan and all was clear. My laptop is still working fine, except when I go START, SHUTDOWN. Then my pc hangs... nothing happens. So what I am able to do is shut it down through the Task Manager.

This is so kokaaid! It is driving me insane! I just cannot find a solution on Google at all. There is loads written on APM, but I do not have this NT APM in my Device Manager so I cannot do any settings....

Is it possible that my pc could've gotten sick for the 24hrs that it was without AV? :help: :help: :dazed:

Hi Bean

I am sure that the NAV would have picked up anything you may have got while u had no NAV.

Did this problem start straight after u updated the NAV? Disable the antivirus and see if it makes any difference to the shutting down problem.

What operating system do you have? 98? XP?
Thank you angelbabe.

I am busy looking at the problem.. thanx for the link!