South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Dyslexia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could someone please direct me to some Dyslexia websites?

Does anyone have children with Dyslexia? How do you deal with it? How do you teach your child? What have you found works best?
Do you give your child omega-3 supplements? If you do, have you noticed an improvement?

Any input would be gratefully appreciated Smile
Quote:Originally posted by dudette
Could someone please direct me to some Dyslexia websites?

Does anyone have children with Dyslexia? How do you deal with it? How do you teach your child? What have you found works best?
Do you give your child omega-3 supplements? If you do, have you noticed an improvement?

Any input would be gratefully appreciated Smile

Dudette... My grandchild is ADHD and also Dyslexic. When , I was in SA I went into it quite deeply and got involved in loads of groups. One thing that I do know.. the children with Dyslexia normally have above average IQ's !!!
Dudette, here's another website with load of information:

http://www.audiblox2000.com/dyslexia_dys...slexia.htm

My son in law is dyslexic and he's an orthopaedic surgeon, so be encouraged.
Thank you so much, Heather, and Toktokkie ... your help is much appreciated. Smile
Besides being deaf James also has Dyslexia - now you all know why I have grey hairs

Ash

Quote:Originally posted by Zulu_Foxtrot
Besides being deaf James also has Dyslexia - now you all know why I have grey hairs

Why should it give you grey hairs?
Quote:Originally posted by Ash
Why should it give you grey hairs?

Well if we don't know the sign for something it is easier to write it down, also when James goes to a resturant or the shops he writes down what he needs