South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Week 21's Fact or Fiction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Victoria Day in Canada marks the marriage of Queen Victoria to Prince Albert.
Jangar Wrote:Victoria Day in Canada marks the marriage of Queen Victoria to Prince Albert.
I guess fiction
Then I go with Fact Smile
Sorry Dudette but the :thumbs: goes to Penelope Smile

Victoria day is the celebration of Queen Victoria's birthday on May 24, 1819, and is observed the Monday before May 25. When the queen died in 1901 and the throne was assumed by King Edward VII, his birthday was celebrated on Victoria Day, even though he was born in November. Celebrating one's birthday on a predecessor's birthday was a common custom during that time.

The World Cup is the most watched sporting event in the world.
Jangar Wrote:Sorry Dudette but the :thumbs: goes to Penelope Smile

Victoria day is the celebration of Queen Victoria's birthday on May 24, 1819, and is observed the Monday before May 25. When the queen died in 1901 and the throne was assumed by King Edward VII, his birthday was celebrated on Victoria Day, even though he was born in November. Celebrating one's birthday on a predecessor's birthday was a common custom during that time.

The World Cup is the most watched sporting event in the world.
I say fact
Which World Cup? Rugby? or Football?

:mmm:

I say.... eeny meeny miny mo ....

fiction Smile
dudette Wrote:Which World Cup? Rugby? or Football?

:mmm:

I say.... eeny meeny miny mo ....

fiction Smile

Well I know it isn't Jukskei so I presume it's soccer :haha:

Well done Penelope :thumbs:

The most recent World Cup held in Japan and South Korea in 2002, was watched by an estimated 42 billion people. Two billion people tuned in for the championship game. The prior World Cup, held in 1998, was estimated to have an audience of 37 billion people. To put things in perspective, the last Super Bowl drew an audience of 132 million.

Jack Kerouac coined the term "Beat Generation".
Jangar Wrote:Well I know it isn't Jukskei so I presume it's soccer :haha:

Well done Penelope :thumbs:

The most recent World Cup held in Japan and South Korea in 2002, was watched by an estimated 42 billion people. Two billion people tuned in for the championship game. The prior World Cup, held in 1998, was estimated to have an audience of 37 billion people. To put things in perspective, the last Super Bowl drew an audience of 132 million.

Jack Kerouac coined the term "Beat Generation".

I guess fact
FAct Smile
:thumbs:

He coined the term in the late 1940s during a convesation with writer John Clellan Holmes, who later wrote an article called "This is the Beat Generation". The word "Beat" was already being used to describe the beaten state of an individual struggling in society and was also used to describe jazz music. The term "beatnik" was introduced by San Fransisco Chronicle columnist Herb Caan.

Bank of America's original name is Bank of Italy.
Pages: 1 2 3