South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: The greatest champions league cup final ever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
3-3 and Liverpool win on penalties

21 years ago, I got married on the 30/May and Liverpool reached the European cup final. The wedding couldn't be cancelled, so at the reception I invited all the guests around to my place afterwards to watch the game. Many turned up, and that story still goes down in 'folklore' about marriages.

Can't have been too bad, as we are still married today Smile
:hooray: Liverpool !!! :hooray:
Congratulations to all Liverpool supporters - I think the majority of folk in the UK were behind Liverpool last night. That was one of the best European Cup Finals I can remember seeing - and I have seen most since 1968.

I have a funny feeling that the Liverpool captain has something up his sleeve regarding next season. Did anyone else notice that every time he was asked if he would still be at Liverpool next season he avoided giving a straight answer.
a magnificent fightback by Liverpool, whereas Wenger said they were lucky to be in the final, no one can begrudge their win from last night. Except maybe AC Milan who have only themselves to blame.

a magnificent event

As for Gerrardski, the name may say it all

:footie:

now where is Robok, he must be dancing on the moon
Well done Liverpool........They might though not be able to defend there title next year.Lets hope that ruling is overurled by UEFA.......U know the best thing about all of this,Man U go away with diddly squat...except for a new owner[sorry Oom,i just had to get that jibe in].
:hooray: I loved the game. So much intruge I have never seen.

0-3 against Liverpool and then 2-0 for them in the penalty shoot out ... just to equal again ... wow - the tension ... :rofl:

PS: DB .. I know they keep the cup (as 5th time winners) but why can they not compete next year ? :o
FlyingBok Wrote::hooray: I loved the game. So much intruge I have never seen.

0-3 against Liverpool and then 2-0 for them in the penalty shoot out ... just to equal again ... wow - the tension ... :rofl:

PS: DB .. I know they keep the cup (as 5th time winners) but why can they not compete next year ? :o
As only the top 4 teams in the league qualify and Liverpool came 5th...and im so glad u enjoyinng the footy
durbsboy Wrote:As only the top 4 teams in the league qualify and Liverpool came 5th...and im so glad u enjoyinng the footy

Oh ok ... thanks :db:

Just heard on BBC the guys said .. "But Ecverton will obviously not pull out" - so I pressume Everton was 4th on the league ?
"
Cheers and tx

:fb:
I had a good laugh when SKY interviewed Liverpool fans leaving the stadium at half - time :rofl:

What a disaster .. one fan crying on a street corner .. meanwhile he misses one of the best football matches seen :haha:

Watch Sky - live Victory Parade :thumbs: