South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Registration Of Birth??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi...

I am fumbling my way around getting a passport and registering Joshua's birth. I have had a look on the SouthAfricaHouse website, and there it says I must send away for some forms, but when I phoned they said it is all on download. Now call me blond, but I need :help: Please! Can I not just go to SA House and apply same day? If so, what do I need to take with me?

Has anyone else done this? :confused: :confused:
My husband drove all the way to SA House, got the forms, filled them in at home and then posted them off. I do know you have to get a full birth certificate from here (it was £4, two years ago) and include that in the application as well.
I will ask him when he gets back what else is required.
Here is the link ... Smile

Birth registration and passport
Thanx Dudette...

Is it possible for hubby to go into London, take Joshua's birth certificate, our passports etc down with him and apply while he is there? That would make thing so much more simple....
Beanie, while we didn't do this ourselves, and I haven't heard of anyone else who has done it, I am sure you can. You as the mother might have to sign somewhere, so I would just check out the application forms first before you go.

Anyone else applied personally?
dudette Wrote:Beanie, while we didn't do this ourselves, and I haven't heard of anyone else who has done it, I am sure you can. You as the mother might have to sign somewhere, so I would just check out the application forms first before you go.

Anyone else applied personally?

i downloaded the forms, filled them in, sent them off with the photos (make sure eyes are OPEN) and correct money etc, and received it all about 5 months later. did it this way with both babies, and had no real hassles. i did both the registration and passport forms at the same time. if you need any more help, just shout and i'll try dig it all out and check the website for you to refresh my memory!! :thumbs:
Hi Girls

Sorry if this seems like a silly question.. but do we have to register the birth here in England as well?
If you want your child to have SA citizenship and a passport, yes. Also, if the baby's parents do not have Indefinite leave to remain, the baby doesn't autpmatically have British citizenship, so does definitely need to get is SA citizenship and passport . If the baby doesn't have a passport, you won't be able to travel out of the country. Smile
Thanks Dudette

Have sent away for the forms. We just have to wait for Baby Macdonald to arrive now before we can fill them in.
Am I reading it correctly that we as parents have to submit our birth certificates too ??
Pages: 1 2 3