South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: remove task bar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My browser is Avant ( I can also use Internet explorer)... howerver, after updating both, I now have toolbars and taskbars all over the show and very little "screen space" left....
How do I remove the google taskbar or toolbar or whatever it is called, as well as the wasted grey bar at the bottom of the browser?
As you can read, my knowledge of computer jargon is very limited, I hope someone out there understands what I mean!
not sure i know what you mean about the grey space at the bottom of the browser joan but to uninstall the google toolbar do the following:

Click on the Google logo on the toolbar to access the drop-down menu.
Select the Help > Uninstall option.
Click the button at the bottom of the uninstall page.
Quote:Originally posted by Skunk
not sure i know what you mean about the grey space at the bottom of the browser joan but to uninstall the google toolbar do the following:

Click on the Google logo on the toolbar to access the drop-down menu.
Select the Help > Uninstall option.
Click the button at the bottom of the uninstall page.
Thanks skunk, I have now removed Google from my Avant browser, but am still left with a rather large area below the opened page....do not know what one calls it, it just takes up "space"....
top right hand side of the browser are some yellow, blue and red buttons...

move the mouse over the yellow buttons until you get the little pop up box next to the mouse that says "maximize all" - click that button- does the " space" disappear?
Quote:Originally posted by Skunk
top right hand side of the browser are some yellow, blue and red buttons...

move the mouse over the yellow buttons until you get the little pop up box next to the mouse that says "maximize all" - click that button- does the " space" disappear?
No...
Quote:Originally posted by Joan
No...

hmm - if you click "View" at the top - is there a little tick next to "Status Bar" - if there is and you click it to untick it does the grey space vamoose?