South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Lions Tour Down Under ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Eischhh a non-convincing win against the Bay Of Plenty ... nearly had Plenty to explain afterwards ... :yikes:
Dalaglio is going to be a MASSIVE loss for the test series. These warm up games dont really matter much, just a way of working out selections and combinations. Lewsey and **** are certains after today, Gethin Jenkins looks good and O'Garas defence was exposed. Wilkinson or Jones will be test fly half. I wonder what Colin Charvis has done to upset Sir Clive as I'd have thought he'd have been a better replacement for Larry than Easterby.
Woner why they are blanking out the welsh scrum halfs name. Ah!!! Africans for a salty salami Big Grin :dazed:
Neither was the Maorie's a pushover ... :rofl: :babyroll:

:haha:
seasider Wrote:Most of these so called supporters are disgruntled Taffs and Jocks. Very few Scots players should be on tour let alone in the side. Cusiter is the only one I would consider, Patterson who should have been was left behind. As for that Orange Taff he's not as good as he likes to think he is and this has been shown on tour.
I for one support a team no matter what, if we were all as brilliant at making team selections...we would be selecting the team.

Actually they seemed to be more Welsh and Irish. I completely agree with you about the Scots though.
I do believe, however, that Henson has had a good tour and deserves a chance and lets be honest, JPR does know his rugby!!
seasider Wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree vis a vis Henson. The Lions always take a while to click. Remember the last tour to SA. The only convincing performances were in the first two tests.

As does any team, but I do believe that if Woodward sticks with what looks like being his test team, that there is a potential recipe for disaster. I guess only time will tell, but he does seem to be showing a bias in favour of the English players in his team. But lets see what he picks first as he may be playing double bluff Wink
I for one am looking forward to Golden Boy stopping Tana Umanga in full flight for eighty minutes. And if he fails lets see how Greenwood fares. We might well need Henson in reserve for the next two tests!
Goldminer Wrote:We might well need Henson in reserve for the next two tests!

Now did I really say that before the first test? Smile Smile Smile
Pages: 1 2