South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Week 23's Fact or Fiction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The New York Yankees adopted a pinstripe uniform to help Babe Ruth appear slimmer.
Babe Ruth was fantastic, but not that great ... Smile Fiction
Jangar Wrote:The New York Yankees adopted a pinstripe uniform to help Babe Ruth appear slimmer.
I guess fiction
:thumbs:

The Yankees adopted their pinstripes Apil 11, 1912, eight years before Babe Ruth was on the team. They bought Ruth's contract from the Boston Red Sox in January 1920. A year later, the Yankees clinched the first of their 37 American League pennants.

The first staples for fastening paper were made from brass.
sounds like fact
I guess fiction
When in doubt go with Penelope

Fiction Smile
I go with Sooibrand. Fact.
dudette Wrote:When in doubt go with Penelope

Fiction Smile
:haha: :haha:
Well done to those that said...

Fact Smile

:thumbs:

When brass wire paper fasteners were invented in the mid-1860s, George W. McGill recognized the need for a machine to insert the handy little gizmos. He produced such a device by 1866. However McGill's invention handled only one staple at a time. The first patent for a stapler that could hold a row of preformed staples was granted to William J. Brown Jr in 1887.

Julius Caesar revised the Roman calendar for political reasons, not to produce an accurate account of days and years.
Pages: 1 2 3