South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Hello Bookwurms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Book Club is one of my favorite spots here on Globalbuzz, closely after the Banter pages. I have a love for all sorts of books. I hope to make this a one-stop for all those who enjoy reading, for folks to tell others about a good or even a bad book you have read. Here we will recommend books on a regular basis everything from Sci-Fi to Romance. I would like to introduce a children's corner as well as a non fiction section too. Think of this place as your local book stop were you can even have a cuppa coffee if you bring your own.

I am a member of Oprah's book club and she has introduced many people back to the classics. Orpah will be announcing her summer read within the next 2 weeks or so, I shall be reading along with her and looking at the discussions that follow every few chapters. We can do the same here on the boards by either reading our own choice or reading along with Oprah. One does not need to break up a book apart piece by piece in a book club; but sometimes when you are in the middle of the book one questions things and it is always nice to chat to someone else who is reading the same as you.

Looking forward to seeing you all - Happy Reading !