South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Mouse problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

TracyW

Nope not the animal kind! I moved my computer around on Sunday and the plug for the mouse fell out. When trying to plug it back in I battled a bit and then it eventually seemed to go in. But ............. it doesn't work. I tried plugging in another mouse and still no joy. :bashpc:

I am not the most computer literate person (some of us have talents in other areas Smile ).

Anyone got any suggestions? Or how do I use the computer without the mouse?

Thanks
Quote: Or how do I use the computer without the mouse?

Can be done but very tiresome !

Back to the question : It seems like you might have still got the "old" mouse ports (normally roundish and green colour plastic around it).

Replace it with a USB mouse or better - by yourself a wireless mouse - they are getting chepaer by the day and no hassles with wires and connections ok:

TracyW

Hi FB

Yip that is the one I have. Thanks for the tip, will head to the computer shop tonight.
or consider selling the computer
TracyW Wrote:Hi FB

Yip that is the one I have. Thanks for the tip, will head to the computer shop tonight.

Tracy you will see - they still work with pins (males and females).

Going to sound like a sex class but the male pushes into the female ... this piepietjie bends ... and yes it does not connect after a time ..

Damn even I am blushing now but believe me the USB is easier :haha:

TracyW

Good news, new mouse with USB port and hey ho here I am! Albeit rather later after an evening at the pub. lol.
TracyW Wrote:Good news, new mouse with USB port and hey ho here I am! Albeit rather later after an evening at the pub. lol.

Welcome back ... mouse and all :p
FlyingBok Wrote:Can be done but very tiresome !

Back to the question : It seems like you might have still got the "old" mouse ports (normally roundish and green colour plastic around it).

Replace it with a USB mouse or better - by yourself a wireless mouse - they are getting chepaer by the day and no hassles with wires and connections ok:
a wireless mouse is good for having when there's children in the house...I hide the mouse away so that they can't use the computer!!!
penelope Wrote:a wireless mouse is good for having when there's children in the house...I hide the mouse away so that they can't use the computer!!!

:babyroll: :babyroll: :babyroll: Lekker lag ek nou Big Grin
penelope Wrote:a wireless mouse is good for having when there's children in the house...I hide the mouse away so that they can't use the computer!!!

So sorry to hear that your kids are windoze dependent.....
Pages: 1 2