South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: ADSL in Finland - just gets better
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this brings me satisfaction ..

in 2001 when we first got ADSL, we were paying €50 for 256k .. they then doubled it to 512k for same price and then to 1mb and now on 2Mb download and 512k upload

today we receive a letter, stating that we can now pay €44.90 for the 2Mb or continue on €49 and receive

8mb download and 1Mb upload

voila .. something where the consumer continues to win

Smile
Must say this is just one of the many things that I like about mainland Europe too, there is a price war on in Germany at the moment and I can now get a flat rate for a 6 Mb ADSL link including wireless router and an internal telephone exchange for up to 4 phones for 29 Euro a month.

There is no fee for me to change from my provider to the new one and the new provider makes all arrangements and then sends a cancellation letter to my exisitng provider and tells me when to link up all of the new gear.

I love technology!!!
They dropped our fee to €44.95 for the 8Mb

it could still be cheaper

It sounds as though you have a good deal in Germany, now if only they would sort out their economy

Wink
TheDuck Wrote:this brings me satisfaction ..

in 2001 when we first got ADSL, we were paying €50 for 256k .. they then doubled it to 512k for same price and then to 1mb and now on 2Mb download and 512k upload

today we receive a letter, stating that we can now pay €44.90 for the 2Mb or continue on €49 and receive

8mb download and 1Mb upload

voila .. something where the consumer continues to win

Smile
Then again, living in Finland------ means you have to find something to fill your day, as their aint too much of an outdoor life, now is there?Wink
so when you visiting you non-puritan

mmm :mmm:

:woof:
TheDuck Wrote:so when you visiting you non-puritan

mmm :mmm:

:woof:

Whenever I need a good long sleepWink
Psst could you check your pm's/e-m's