South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: yoga?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone on the boards do Yoga?

I've got myself two dvd's. One pushes me more than the other but after only a week of the new dvd, I am already seeing benefits.

For instance, my jelly belly which has been bouncing along merrily while I trot along. Blush :crylol: is now not so wibbly wobbly.

And I feel I'm using muscles that havent' been pushed in a while.

I had an asthma attack on Friday night and instead of the 30 minute calm-me-down panic stations that is the norm - it only took me half the time to implement breathing and so on.

I would like to go to a class with other people but it's hard with a little one and work etc so am finding the DVD's a blessing!

Does anyone else partake?
have never relaxed sufficiently

Big Grin
Started doing Ashtanga Yoga at the gym and was enjoying it. Have had to stop this while I sort my back problem out as although Ashtanga is supposed to be good for the lower back it was making mine worse.

TracyW

I do classical Yoga, been doing it for about 3 months now and you are right, the changes to the body appear rather quickly.
I also used the breathing techniques from Yoga when I did my fire walk.

Yoga is such a good form of exercise and relaxation. If you are breathing correctly when doing the exercises then you are detoxing your body. Remember to always lengthen your body, it's amazing how your posture also changes, have you noticed yet?

As an add on from this I have how joined a meditation class, have my first one on 5/07, can't wait.

TracyW

Cali - isn't it great when you manage a position you never thought you would?

I did the Crow tonight and was really chuffed that I got it right on the second attempt. :cheer:
It's the Bound Angle or Baddha Konasana that I'm having a bit of bother with. It's got better as I'm going along but still can't do it like the lady on the DVD! :lol

Must look for the Crow, do not have it in my book/DVD

Must say it's been a few weeks now and honestly, I have better posture, breathing and maybe it's in the mind but I FEEL better.
Cali Wrote:It's the Bound Angle or Baddha Konasana that I'm having a bit of bother with. It's got better as I'm going along but still can't do it like the lady on the DVD! :lol

Must look for the Crow, do not have it in my book/DVD

Must say it's been a few weeks now and honestly, I have better posture, breathing and maybe it's in the mind but I FEEL better.

Cal - my mom suffers from the above and my dad insisted she start so off she went like a good wife does and boy she said the difference is fantastic and she is also like you using different muscles from the day to day stuff - Does your local Gym not have a child minding facility - So carry on sister

TracyW

How's the yoga going Cali? My teacher knows I have problems with my hips ( Doctors claim it is arthritis but I don't think so) she has been doing hip exercises each week and I am amazed at the difference.

The Inverted Crow is when you start on all fours, then head down and put your weight onto the top of your head, your arms are bent with hands just behind the head and you walk the legs in and then balance your knees onto your arms / elbows and the feet are lifted off the floor. Sounds weird and complicated but such a great feeling when you get it right. You just have to be very careful with your neck.