South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: the BEST birds ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sounds like an experience....where did you fly to SA?

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by Cee
in the sky

DEFINITELY not OLYMPIC AIR!

where did you ever hear of having to take your own "pad-kos" on a flight, no entertainment on a 11+ hour stretch, refueling in kenya for 2+ hours, having a used vomit bag (someone had stuck their chewing gum in mine), airhostesses that are competing with their fathers in the moustach stakes and ask "what 'cha wan" (in a strong mafia accent)....
at £779 return my el-cheapo flight was worse than i expected ....

C

no thanks....and thanks for warning me in advance should i go for this airline....Wink
Well I flew with them to SA last year and that is the last. From Jhb to Athens they jammed us in like sardines in a tin. To go to the loo you had to get assistance out of your seat, and when I complained all of a sudden they spoke no English. It was certainly the flight from hel and will never be repeated again, thats for sure.
I flew with them about four years ago and they wasn't that bad then....
Virgin is offering a special right now for £399 return to Johannesburg, includes all taxes....I posted something in the travel forum on this !
Quote:Originally posted by Cee
KENYA AIR are offering trips (return nogal) for £389.00 London-Nairobi-Johannesburg ....

i wonder if they will serve 'stuwe pap and ou-vleis', the next best deal at the moment is KLM via Amsterdam, leaving London at 06.30 - so must be at the airport at 04.30 for £439.00 ....

GAWD - im comparing cattle-class prices on bottom-of-the-range flights ... I NEED A LIFE!

C
Wink

Saw this last night you have to book between 18 and 20 January only. that is on the Virgin flight.