South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Back-up files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I back-up my stuff in outlook express? I simply want to copy them to disc but do not know how to? Please help Smile
what would you like to back up? the mails or the addy's?

You can export all the addy's into an excel sheet...and burn this onto cd.

and as for the mails, you should be able to save them into a folder as a *.eml file. Then when you want to read it again you just double click on it. You will be able to burn these files onto cd like normal documents also.. :thumbs:
Thanks for replying Amen - but I am a bit dof now.....you mean select all and then save as....but when I select all you cannot use the save or save as to do so :comp:
no you will have to save them one by one....*tedious*
Esih *sigh* that sounds like work! Sad Thought there was an easier way!! Thanks anyway Amen Smile
I have just made a mailbox at my domain called "backup"...

I will be doing a major upgrade/repair on my pc next week, so I have had to backup all my mails....if you have another mail box somwhere, you can select a whole bunch of mails, and forward them to that addy...

They will then be send as attached mails, which you will be able to open again in your mail program..so in theory you will be able to send all the mails that are in your inbox to the backup mailbox in one mail....
Ameniatha Wrote:I have just made a mailbox at my domain called "backup"...

I will be doing a major upgrade/repair on my pc next week, so I have had to backup all my mails....if you have another mail box somwhere, you can select a whole bunch of mails, and forward them to that addy...

They will then be send as attached mails, which you will be able to open again in your mail program..so in theory you will be able to send all the mails that are in your inbox to the backup mailbox in one mail....

Aha get what you saying Amen....just wanted to put the stuff on a cd/dvd to save. Thanks anyway Smile