South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Week 31's Trivial Pursuit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What hair-product manufacturer was originally known as the French Harmless Hair Dye Company?
Clairol?
:cheer: Nice way to start the week :haha:

L'Orèal, when it was founded in 1909 by French chemist Eugène Schueller.

What does a sphygmomanometer measure?
Jangar Wrote::cheer: Nice way to start the week :haha:

L'Orèal, when it was founded in 1909 by French chemist Eugène Schueller.

What does a sphygmomanometer measure?

blood pressure
penelope Wrote:blood pressure

:thumbs:

What was the source of the bronze used in the statue of Andrew Jackson astride a horse that's in Lafayette Square, across from the White House?
Oh well, I guess I'll add another :cheer: to my collection :p

The answer is:

Cannons captured by Jackson during the War of 1812. The memorial, dedicated in 1853, was the first equestrian statue cast in the United States.

What real-life group was the main inspiration for Stillwater, the rock band in Cameron Crowe's 2000 semi-autobiographical film Almost Famous?
*yawn* These :cheerConfused are getting boring :haha:

The Allman Brothers Band. The film is loosely based on Crowe's adventures as a teen rock critic. The writer-director has said that aspects were also influenced by Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Eagles, The Who, and Led Zeppelin.

What condition do you have if you are suffering symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome in your foot rather than your hand?
You tell me......
Just let me do a :cheer: and I'll tell you that you'd be suffering from tarsal tunnel syndrome Smile

How much does the standard ping-pong ball weigh - in ounces?
A ping pong ball weighs 2.2399 gram(0.0790101 ounces) to 2.6761 grams(0.0943966 ounces)..