South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: IFA .. Is this the right place to start the thread again?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One name from each country back in 1980 the 20th anniversary year...

Austria - Lionel Spencer
England - Damien Delaney
Germany - Rod Willemburg
Greece - Alec Aylward
Holland - Gregory Milne
Isreal - Geoff Cohen
Italy - Peter Parish
Portugal - Bernie Pita
Scotland - Sean Buchanan
Switzerland - Wilf de Bruin

First league champions 1980 - Holland
second League champs 1980 - England
Third league champs 1980 - Portugal

and the next post will 1981.....

come on Ade, Ali, mcamp, duck---
bro

mcamp made contact with Damien Delaney, who was recently living in the UK and was preparing to go to Australia.

Pita from Portugal Big Grin
[QUOTE=bro]One name from each country back in 1980 the 20th anniversary year...

Austria - Lionel Spencer
England - Damien Delaney
Germany - Rod Willemburg
Greece - Alec Aylward
Holland - Gregory Milne
Isreal - Geoff Cohen
Italy - Peter Parish
Portugal - Bernie Pita
Scotland - Sean Buchanan
Switzerland - Wilf de Bruin

First league champions 1980 - Holland
second League champs 1980 - England
Third league champs 1980 - Portugal

and the next post will 1981.....
QUOTE]

Bernie Pita used to go fishing and poached loads of crayfish with a mate of mine. I also played with him when I had a couple of years at Tramways under Dennis Cunningham.
Damien Delaney played for Marist juniors, and I played with Sean Buchanan that year for Scotland as well as Marist.

Others who played for Scotland were Brent Goble and John Fraser (also marist boys) Bobby Cameron, Willie Miller, Bobby Breen, Jannie Stip in goals. Will remember others in time.
I have to say that playing in the IFA was probably the most enjoyment I ever got out of soccer. The first year I played we had a guy playing in the thirds who used to play in combat boots instead of football boots. Can't remember his name though.
And thanks to Mcamp, I got hold of Damien as well.. parents have all been in touch so THANK YOU MCAMP!
alcap998 Wrote:I have to say that playing in the IFA was probably the most enjoyment I ever got out of soccer. The first year I played we had a guy playing in the thirds who used to play in combat boots instead of football boots. Can't remember his name though.

I think you must mean Gerry, he used to hang around at the Greenpoint club a lot.
My dad wants to know if anyone remembers Brian Boardwell and anyone knows what he is up to.
Cali Wrote:My dad wants to know if anyone remembers Brian Boardwell and anyone knows what he is up to.

I certainly remember the name, but that is all.
I remember Brian Boardwell. We played together for England in late 60's, early 70's. He was fond of the good life, thus a bit overweight, but had a magic left foot. Anyone remember Ray Walls, he would be in his 70's now and last I heard he had retired in Somerset West.
Brian is still living in Seapoint and is well. My old man (Arnie Warburton) spoke to him last week from Brisbane.