South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Week 32's Trivial Pursuit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What famous football player briefly had a town named for him?
No takers, so I guess I'll start the week off with a :cheer: Smile

Joe Montana. In July 1993, the tiny town of Ismay, Montana, population 22, changed its name to Joe, Montana, for the football season in honour of the Kansas City Chief's newly signed quaterback. The only U.S. town permanently named for a gridiron star is Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania.

In which U.S. president's inaugural parade did the Apache chief Geronimo ride?
Jangar Wrote:No takers, so I guess I'll start the week off with a :cheer: Smile

Joe Montana. In July 1993, the tiny town of Ismay, Montana, population 22, changed its name to Joe, Montana, for the football season in honour of the Kansas City Chief's newly signed quaterback. The only U.S. town permanently named for a gridiron star is Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania.

In which U.S. president's inaugural parade did the Apache chief Geronimo ride?
President Roosevelt
penelope Wrote:President Roosevelt

:thumbs:

'Twas in 1905 Smile

What historic figure's sword was known as Crocea Mors, Latin for "Yellow Death"?
Jangar Wrote::thumbs:

'Twas in 1905 Smile

What historic figure's sword was known as Crocea Mors, Latin for "Yellow Death"?
Julius Caesar
penelope Wrote:Julius Caesar

What state's official trademark depicts a bucking horse and rider?
Wyoming
penelope Wrote:Wyoming

The Cowboy State. The bucking horse and rider insignia dates back to WWI, when it was worn by members of the Wyoming National Guard serving in France and Germany.

What is the name of the coffeehouse frequented by the regulars on the sitcom Frasier?

Bonus: How about the popular hangout on Friends?
Jangar Wrote::thumbs:

The Cowboy State. The bucking horse and rider insignia dates back to WWI, when it was worn by members of the Wyoming National Guard serving in France and Germany.

What is the name of the coffeehouse frequented by the regulars on the sitcom Frasier?

Bonus: How about the popular hangout on Friends?
Haven't watched one episode...haven't the foggiest
Bonus answer - coffee perk